Alumni Association News
- Alumni may sign up for text or email alerts about alumni association events by visiting our Olathe Alert page and clicking the Alumni Association box.
- The Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association has established a bank account for funds collected by Olathe alumni classes. Class officers interested in putting their reunion money in the account for future reunion use should contact Diane Gossage at (913) 780-8182 or email@example.com. Checks should be made out to the Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association with the school and class year in the memo line (example: ON Class of '61). Designated representatives for the class may request their money later by contacting the Community Development office.
- The alumni association executive board includes recent and distant graduates, as well as a number of district staff who will support the organization on a long-term basis. Jill Tobler Erickson is president and Carol Wheeler is vice president. Susan Brooks is treasurer and Diane Gossage is secretary. Ken Roberts chairs the Scholarship Committee and Carol Wheeler is chair of the Reunions Committee. Lynda Enright Allenbrand and Candy Birch head the Recognition Committee.
- Alumni association brochures are given to all seniors prior to graduation in an effort to gather future contact information. Brochures are also provided to classes hosting reunions.
- The names and addresses of nearly 40,000 Olathe graduates are maintained in a database which will be used for future alumni directories.
- Please let us know if your class is having a reunion. The basic information will be posted below, on the cable Channel 18 throughout Johnson County, and on the districtwide calendar of events.
- School-related memorabilia dating back to the turn-of-the-century is on display in the Education Center, 14160 Black Bob, Olathe. These include a 1910 bid to build the original Central School, and a graduation program from 1891.
- A timeline depicting the district's history (pictured) was installed in fall 2010 in the hallways of the Education Center.
- For more information about the Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association, or to update your mailing address, contact Diane Gossage via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (913) 780-8182.
|John P. St. John||1954||Oct. 10-11, 2014||Roger Alberty, email@example.com|
|Olathe High School||1964||Sept. 12-14, 2014||Sept. 12: Casual gathering at Hilton Garden Inn. Sept. 13: Morning golf outing or tour of high school, evening dinner at Hilton Garden Inn. Sept. 14: Downtown Diner brunch. Laurie Perry Walker, firstname.lastname@example.org or (913) 248-0011.|
|Olathe High School||1965||Sept. 18-20, 2015||Lynda Enright Allenbrand, email@example.com|
|Olathe High School||1969||Sept. 19-20, 2014||Jean McFall Tinberg, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Olathe High School||1974||Sept. 5-6, 2014||Sept. 5: Uncle Buck's at Bass Pro Shops. Sept. 6: Old Settlers Parade entry, dinner and dance at American Legion. Gina King-Schwenk, email@example.com|
|Olathe East/Olathe North combined event||1994||Sept. 27, 2014||Stephanie Baldwin, firstname.lastname@example.org or Leasha Griffin, Leasha23@gmail.com. See our Facebook page for ONHS1994|
|Olathe North||2004||Sept. 19-20, 2014||Sept. 19: Football game at ODAC. Sept. 20: Morning tour of school, reunion that evening. Email email@example.com for details|
|Olathe Northwest||2004||Sept. 26-27, 2014||Sept. 26: Homecoming game at College Boulevard Activity Center, check in at alumni table for free entry. Sept. 27: alumni-only event at Stone Pillar Winery and Vineyard. Email Sarah Hart at firstname.lastname@example.org for details or RSVPs.|