Alumni Association News
- Alumni may sign up for text or email alerts about alumni association events by visiting our Olathe Alert page and clicking the Alumni Association box.
- The Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association has established a bank account for funds collected by Olathe alumni classes. Class officers interested in putting their reunion money in the account for future reunion use should contact Diane Gossage at (913) 780-8182 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks should be made out to the Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association with the school and class year in the memo line (example: ON Class of '61). Designated representatives for the class may request their money later by contacting the Community Development office.
- The alumni association executive board includes recent and distant graduates, as well as a number of district staff who will support the organization on a long-term basis. Jill Erickson is president and Carol Wheeler is vice president. Susan Brooks is treasurer and Diane Gossage is secretary. Ken Roberts chairs the Scholarship Committee and Carol Wheeler is chair of the Reunions Committee. Lynda Allenbrand and Candy Birch head the Recognition Committee.
- Alumni association brochures are given to all seniors prior to graduation in an effort to gather future contact information. Brochures are also provided to classes hosting reunions.
- The names and addresses of nearly 40,000 Olathe graduates are maintained in a database which will be used for future alumni directories.
- Please let us know if your class is having a reunion. The basic information will be posted below, on the cable Channel 18 throughout Johnson County, and on the districtwide calendar of events.
- School-related memorabilia dating back to the turn-of-the-century is on display in the Education Center, 14160 Black Bob, Olathe. These include a 1910 bid to build the original Central School, and a graduation program from 1891.
- A timeline depicting the district's history (pictured) was installed in fall 2010 in the hallways of the Education Center.
- For more information about the Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association, or to update your mailing address, contact Diane Gossage via email at email@example.com or call (913) 780-8182.
Share your reunion plans with us via our online form.
|John P. St. John
Memorial High School
|1953||Sept. 10, 2016||Luncheon at First Christian Church in Olathe. Contact Peg Deaton, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Olathe High School||1966||Sept. 23-24, 2016||Sept. 23 event at Bass Pro, Sept. 24 event at Hilton Garden Inn. Contact Ed Badsky Jr., email@example.com or (913) 829-5815|
|Olathe High School||1981||Sept. 9-10, 2016||Olathe High School Class of 1981 on Facebook or contact Tom House, Lori White Van Houtan, Susan Cameron, Janet Milford, or Kevin Mustain.|
|Olathe East High School||1996||July 30, 2016||Olathe East Class of 1996 on Facebook or email Kelly Stuck, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Olathe Northwest High School||2006||July 9, 2016||Reunion at the American Legion in Olathe. Contact email@example.com, join Facebook group ONW Reunion Class of 06, or visit www.originalravens.com|
|Olathe South Football Champs||2011||Sept. 16, 2016||Championship reunion on the night Olathe South plays Lee's Summit. See the Olathe South Falcon Football State Championship Reunion Facebook page or contact Brenda Douglas, firstname.lastname@example.org.|