Alumni Association News
- Alumni may sign up for text or email alerts about alumni association events by visiting our Blackboard sign-up page and clicking the Sign Up box at the bottom of the page.
- The Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association has established a bank account for funds collected by Olathe alumni classes. Class officers interested in putting their reunion money in the account for future reunion use should contact Diane Gossage at (913) 780-8182 or email@example.com. Checks should be made out to the Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association with the school and class year in the memo line (example: ON Class of '61). Designated representatives for the class may request their money later by contacting the Community Development office.
- The alumni association executive board includes recent and distant graduates, as well as a number of district staff who will support the organization on a long-term basis. Carol Wheeler is president and Traci Jensen is vice president. Lew Lewis is treasurer and Diane Gossage is secretary. Ken Roberts chairs the Scholarship Committee and Lynda Allenbrand and Hazel Hendrix co-chair the Reunions Committee. Jill Erickson and Ed Badsky Jr. head the Recognition Committee.
- Alumni association brochures are given to all seniors prior to graduation in an effort to gather future contact information. Brochures are also provided to classes hosting reunions.
- The names and addresses of nearly 40,000 Olathe graduates are maintained in a database which will be used for future alumni directories.
- Please let us know if your class is having a reunion. The basic information will be posted below, on the cable Channel 18 throughout Johnson County, and on the districtwide calendar of events.
- School-related memorabilia dating back to the turn-of-the-century is on display in the Education Center, 14160 Black Bob, Olathe. These include a 1910 bid to build the original Central School, and a graduation program from 1891.
- A timeline depicting the district's history (pictured) was installed in fall 2010 in the hallways of the Education Center.
- For more information about the Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association, or to update your mailing address, contact Diane Gossage via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (913) 780-8182.
Share your reunion plans with us via our online form.