Alumni Association News
- Alumni may sign up for text or email alerts about alumni association events by visiting our Olathe Alert page and clicking the Alumni Association box.
- The Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association has established a bank account for funds collected by Olathe alumni classes. Class officers interested in putting their reunion money in the account for future reunion use should contact Diane Gossage at (913) 780-8182 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Checks should be made out to the Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association with the school and class year in the memo line (example: ON Class of '61). Designated representatives for the class may request their money later by contacting the Community Development office.
- The alumni association executive board includes recent and distant graduates, as well as a number of district staff who will support the organization on a long-term basis. Ed Badsky Jr. is president. Ken Roberts chairs the Scholarship Committee and Carol Wheeler is chair of the Reunions Committee. Susan Brooks heads the Recognition Committee.
- Alumni association brochures are given to all seniors prior to graduation in an effort to gather future contact information. Brochures are also provided to classes hosting reunions.
- The names and addresses of nearly 40,000 Olathe graduates are maintained in a database which will be used for future alumni directories.
- Please let us know if your class is having a reunion. The basic information will be posted below, on the cable Channel 18 throughout Johnson County, and on the districtwide calendar of events.
- School-related memorabilia dating back to the turn-of-the-century is on display in the Education Center, 14160 Black Bob, Olathe. These include a 1910 bid to build the original Central School, and a graduation program from 1891.
- A timeline depicting the district's history (pictured) was installed in fall 2010 in the hallways of the Education Center.
- For more information about the Olathe Public Schools Alumni Association, or to update your mailing address, contact Diane Gossage via email at email@example.com or call (913) 780-8182.
|John P. St. John||1953||Sept. 6-8||Sept. 6: Zarda Bar-B-Q, Lenexa. Sept. 7: Old Settlers Parade, followed by lunch at First Christian Church. Sept. 8: IHOP, Olathe. Peggy Deaton, (913) 856-6762 or Joyce, (913) 492-1738|
|Olathe High||1963||Sept. 5-7||Karen Sutton, firstname.lastname@example.org, or (816) 665-5674|
|Olathe High||1968||Oct 4-5||Oct. 4: Uncle Buck's. Oct. 5: St. Andrews Golf Course. Mike Newson, email@example.com|
|Olathe High||1978||June 15||Connie Campbell, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Olathe North/South||1983||Aug. 2-3||Olathe North/South Class of 1983 Facebook site or Susan Lyman, email@example.com|
|Olathe North||1988||Sept. 6-7||Jim Bradford, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Olathe South||1988||homecoming weekend||Heather Schoonover, email@example.com|
|Olathe East/North||1993||Sept. 6-7||Send current contact info to ONHS93@gmail.com|
|Olathe South||1993||Aug. 30-31||Jenny Bull, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Olathe North Football Team||2003 Champs||Sept. 13||3-4 p.m., tours of Olathe North; 5:30-6:30 p.m., community tailgate party with players and fans at ODAC, Scott Thompson, email@example.com; 7 p.m., Eagles vs Shawnee Mission South, ODAC; halftime recognition of 2003 state championship team, ODAC; general info, Jan Wise, firstname.lastname@example.org|