Student Job Opportunities
The following job opportunities are listed for students who are interested in part-time employment in the Olathe area.
NOTICE: Please be aware that you are about to leave the Olathe Public Schools website. We do not necessarily endorse these third-party sites and are not responsible for their accuracy or current content.
Part-time Child Care
- Location: Prairie Center Christian Childcare, 105 S. Montclaire Dr., Olathe
- Contact: Christie Seeley, (913) 390-0230
- Description: Part-time teacher with subbing available. Training is available to those who require it. Working closely with toddlers and preschool children. There are three positions available.
- Hours: 3-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, but hours are flexible
- Salary: Start at $8/hour, negotiable
- Date posted: Feb. 26, 2014
- Location: 121st Lane, Olathe
- Contact: Sharon, (913) 522-6337
- Description: I need a part-time caregiver for my adult daughter who suffered a spinal cord injury. Applicants must be 18 or over, female, with reliable transportation and not fearful of dogs. Hours are flexible but generally it will be evenings (7-10 p.m.) and perhaps Saturday or Sunday afternoons. I am happy to accommodate your scheduling needs. Duties include meal preparation, feeding, clean-up, laundry, light housekeeping and general companionship. CNA certification is not required. We will train you to her needs. This is a great job for someone wanting to go into the medical field.
- Hours: flexible
- Salary: $9.75/hour
- Date posted: Feb. 20, 2014
Lowe's Seasonal Employment
- Location: 13750 Black Bob Rd., Olathe
- Contact: www.lowes.com/careers or Willow Woodall, (913) 397-7070
- Description: Want to work in a fun, employee-focused atmosphere? Apply for a job at Lowe's! Lowe's is now hiring seasonal, part-time and full-time employees. Apply at www.lowes.com/careers (must be 18 or older). Positions include cashiers, customer service associates, loaders, managers, receiving, stocking and delivery.
- Hours: 10-40 hours per week, flexible
- Salary: $8-$12/hour
- Date posted: Feb. 3, 2014
- Location: Gardner Parks and Recreation, 120 E. Main St., Gardner
- Contact: Adraina Holopirek, (913) 856-0936
- Description: Must be 15 years of age. Must become certified through Red Cross Lifeguard Training. Red Cross certification provided by Gardner Parks and Recreation at no cost to the employee.
- Salary: $8.50/hour
- Date posted: Jan. 14, 2014
Bakery Cafe Associates
- Location: Panera Bread, 20120 W. 153rd St., Olathe
- Contact: Apply in person or at www.panerakansas.com
- Description: Panera Bread is seeking great associates for the Olathe location. Will be responsible for preparing food, serving guests, and cleaning as required. Schedules are flexible and offer opportunities for advancement as well as a generous discount. Seeking part-time and full-time associates for days, nights and weekends.
- Hours: Varies
- Salary: $8/hour and above
- Date posted: Jan. 8, 2014
- Location: City of Olathe, 100 E. Santa Fe, Olathe
- Contact: Konni Kanber, (913) 971-8601 or apply online at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/olathe/default.cfm
- Description: Lifeguard to monitor pool area and provide assistance and protection to participants. Provide safe and fun swimming environment. Rescue distressed persons, using rescue techniques and equipment. Apply first aid to those in need and contact emergency medical personnel in serious situations. Provide a safe, fun recreational experience by enforcement of rules. Inspect equipment and maintain the facility to ensure safety. Maintain cleanliness of facility. Represent the City of Olathe and demonstrate positive public relations. Maintain fitness level and skills to perform job. Applicant must be at least 15 years of age and up. Requires a current Red Cross Lifeguard Training certificate or in the process of obtaining it prior to opening day.
- Hours: Full time is five days a week, hours approximately 12:15-8 p.m. Part-time and sub positions are available for fewer days a week, however the hours are the same.
- Salary: $8.50 per hour and up, depending on qualifications
- Date posted: Jan. 8, 2014
- Location: Ritz Charles event and conference facility, 9000 W. 137th St., Overland Park
- Contact: Lorna Daganarr, (913) 685-2600
- Description: Serve guests at plated and buffet meals, bus tables, provide beverage service, attend food and beverage stations for meetings, break down rooms, occasionally set up rooms.
- Hours: varies
- Salary: $9/hour
- Date posted: Jan. 3, 2014
- Location: 15540 S. Pflumm, Olathe
- Contact: http://www.helpersinc.org, Meghan at email@example.com or at (913) 322-7212
- Description: Our mission is to provide in-home supportive care to families whose loved ones are challenged by intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are looking for energetic, compassionate and responsible individuals who have a desire to spend time one-on-one with this exceptional population. Applicant must be 16 years old and have valid driver's license, car insurance and reliable transportation. Responsibilities include providing assistance with academics, life and social skills; taking consumer into the community for events; ensuring the safety of the consumer; being a friend and mentor.
- Hours: Part-time weekdays and any time on weekends
- Salary: $9.25 to $11.50/hour
- Date posted: Jan. 3, 2014
- Location: Party City, 8400 W. 135th St., Overland Park
- Contact: Wayne, (913) 402-1122
- Description: We are looking for hardworking and reliable individuals. Duties include stocking merchandise, cashiering, inflating balloons, greeting and assisting customers. Must be 16 or older.
- Salary: $7.50/hour
- Date posted: Nov. 4, 2013
- Location: 22161 W. 167th St., Olathe
- Contact: Soroosh, (913) 515-1823
- Description: High school students and recent graduates wanted. Are you looking for a new job or career? (Must be 18 or older to apply.) Do you love physical work? If so, come join our elite team and get your foot in the door of a Fortune 500 company possessing outstanding room for advancement. We are currently hiring for our busy season and these opportunities will not last. Call today for an interview!
- Hours: Part-time - mornings, day, evenings/night, and weekends
- Salary: $9.45/hour
- Date posted: Sept. 6, 2013