Full-day and half-day kindergarten programs are in place in our district. Ten of our Title 1 schools provide full-day programs for students. These schools are Central, Countryside, Fairview, Havencroft, Indian Creek, Northview, Ridgeview, Rolling Ridge, Washington and Westview.
All other elementary schools (Arbor Creek, Bentwood, Black Bob, Briarwood, Brougham, Cedar Creek, Clearwater Creek, Forest View, Green Springs, Heatherstone, Heritage, Madison Place, Mahaffie, Manchester Park, Meadow Lane, Millbrooke, Pleasant Ridge, Prairie Center, Ravenwood, Regency Place, Scarborough, Sunnyside, Tomahawk, Walnut Grove and Woodland) offer an optional fee-based full-day kindergarten for 2013-14.
- View the Fee-based, Full-day Kindergarten FAQ (PDF)
- View the Fee-based, Full-day Kindergarten map (PDF)
The kindergarten curriculum is consistent across the entire district and provides a road map for all educators as they plan to teach what students need to know and do. The ultimate goal is to assess each student’s individual strengths and needs and teach for growth and success.
The kindergarten curriculum provides a solid foundation of basic skills and learning experiences students need. Children progress in their ability:
- to read and write;
- to understand and develop number concepts and math problem-solving skills;
- to experience hands-on science learning and concepts for healthy living; and
- to gain a better understanding of the world through social studies exploration.
The kindergarten day is active with rich experiences through music, art, and physical education. Each school’s library media center program introduces students to the world of information and the joy of learning through books and technology. Students develop positive habits and routines as they interact with others throughout the day.
- Kindergarten English language arts standards in PDF format
- Kindergarten health curriculum in PDF format
- Kindergarten library curriculum in PDF format
- Kindergarten math standards in PDF format
- Kindergarten physical education curriculum in PDF format
- Kindergarten science curriculum in PDF format
- Kindergarten social studies curriculum in PDF format