Common Core Among Topics at Summer Conference
Feb. 12, 2013 ~ The 2013 Olathe Summer Conference will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. May 29-31 at Olathe Northwest High School, 21300 College Blvd. in Olathe. Olathe staff and nationally known consultants will present more than 150 professional development sessions for pre-kindergarten through senior high school educators, administrators and counselors.
- Jan Richardson
- Barbara Coloroso — Cyberbulling and Teaching Through Wit and Wisdom
- LeAnn Nickelsen
- Rick Wormeli
- Frank Kros — Upside Down Organization
- Elizabeth Montero-Cefalo — Conscious Discipline
- Shauna Tominey — Early Childhood
- Fred Burrach — Music and CCSS
- Teaching Students in Poverty
- Common Core
- Early Childhood
- Instructional Strategies
- College credit through MidAmerica Nazarene University is $50 per credit hour (district and non-district participants).
- Olathe educators should register through their principals.
- Olathe teachers new to the district in 2013-14 may attend at no charge.
- Current substitutes may attend the entire conference for $150.
- Community early childcare providers may attend for $50 per day.
- Non-district teachers may register for $375.
- Olathe teachers pursuing a master's degree from Emporia State University should contact Ann Addison, (913) 780-8163, regarding which sessions they should attend at no charge.
- Para-educators will receive professional development points for 2013-14.
- Classified staff who are not scheduled to work these days, but choose to attend these sessions will receive district professional development points.
- Lunches will be provided by Cafe 233 for $7.
- Participants should dress for varying room temperatures.
- Participants may earn two credit hours through MidAmerica Nazarene University (must attend three days of the conference) or staff development points (seven points per day).